Sunday, September 4, 2011

Are You Satisfied?


Mashed potatoes, buttered carrots, grilled and marinaded chicken, crescents. Deliciousness. To start, the chicken breasts were already cut in half. I didn't add gravy to the potatoes, 'cause I don't like gravy. The first thing I wanted seconds of was the carrots, which was good since I don't tend to eat lots of veggies. I also found myself cutting a second of the chicken pieces in half for a bit more chicken. Then I sit there for a minute. I must have had an interesting look on my face since after a moment my husband asks me what's wrong. "Oh, nothing," I reply "I was just thinking about eating the rest of that piece of chicken."

"Are you satisfied?" He asks.

I was shocked. He really has been listening about how I'm trying to learn how to eat and not diet. I feel like in the past he might have said "you don't need it," or something to that effect, but he asked me what I really needed to ask myself, was I satisfied? Yes, yes I was. I decided I was in fact done with dinner and was not hungry the rest of the night. It's great to know my husband cares about me and how I want to learn about my body, not just lose weight.

1 comment:

  1. So much easier with {good} moral support :) So just curious, are your better choices paying off on the scale? I know sometimes it takes a while, but I always feel more motivated when I can "see" progress. It sounds like you're making great strides, good job!

    ReplyDelete