Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Turns out, I didn't even really want it

It's been a while since I've written about Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch, but not to worry,  I have been reading it. I tell you what, my view of food has really changed.


For example, last night my husband took me on a date to the movies. On past dates I would consistently get candy to munch on during the movie, because that's what you do at movies. It's an excuse to sneak in some "bad" foods. Well when I went to the snack bar to get some bottled water I looked at all the candy they had to offer. I thought of what each would taste like and pondered if it would be something I would enjoy. In the end I really didn't feel like eating candy and just got my water. Not because I was trying to be "good," but because I am trying to listen to my body and that just really wasn't what I was in the mood for.  In fact we had just had dinner, so really I wasn't even hungry at all. In the past I would have just gotten the candy anyway and munched on it without thinking. What a great change!

No comments:

Post a Comment