Monday, August 22, 2011

What Not to Wear

Ok I know I've been slacking in the posting area, and where have I been? Watching TLC's  What Not to Wear. I am enthralled. I thought I dressed alright, but when they brought in a girl with a similar body build to my own and a similar wardrobe, I knew I needed a change.

After having two kids my body just isn't the same as it was when I was in college. Bottom line? Low-risers just don't  look good on my anymore! Even if they are the right size I still look like I've got a muffin top. I blamed myself for not looking cute in low-rise jeans, but I've now learned that if something doesn't look good on my it's not me, it's the clothes! Duh, right? But how many of us blame ourselves when the clothes don't fit? Now the fit of low-rise jeans may just be because my stomach hasn't toned up yet since my last pregnancy, we'll see. But for now I've moved onto mid-rise.


The other day there was a What Not to Wear marathon and after a few episodes I decided I really needed to go shopping. My favorite rule from this show is dress for the way your body is now, not how you think it should be. In other words, don't worry about the size! If it fits right but is a bigger size well ends up you'll look skinnier! That night I went shopping and tried on every style of jeans in Old Navy, in a few different sizes. I discovered I'm in between sizes (awesome). However, an hour and twenty pairs of jeans later I found a pair that didn't give me funny rolls or lines!

I was so inspired by my marathon I even bought a new shirt with a very flattering neck line and a big belt at the waist. Now I want to redo my whole wardrobe, but we'll take it one piece at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment