Saturday, July 30, 2011

Intuitive Eating: Chapter 1

Hitting Diet Bottom

This chapter was me. The first subheading in the chapter is "diet backlash," the side effects of dieting. I get now why I diet, and then eventually gain the weight back. Ok, so granted I just had a baby and of course that will bring the weight back, but if my last diet had worked I wouldn't have gained almost 60 pounds during my pregnancy, right? Well I did. So now I'm back to having lost half that weight from actually having the baby and stuck wanting to lose the other half plus some more. But Tribole and Resch point out that dieting brings on cravings, binges, and feelings of guilt (all SO me).


My favorite backlash, though, is what they called  "the Last Supper." This is where you eat all the foods you won't be able to while your dieting. Every time my husband gets fast food or pizza he says "this is the last time and then I'm eating good." With this mentality I eat half the pizza instead of just one or two pieces 'cause I want to to get as much as I can before I don't get any more for a long time (see going, going, gone).

I'm excited to see what I can do to get rid of this dieting mentality and all the side effects that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment